In India, one can appear for interviews for a post of a lecturer after passing the combility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission.

The position is equivalent to assistant professor in the US system. The term is not universally applied, with some universities preferring the lecturer/reader/professor titles, while others work with the assistant professor/associate professor/professor title.

As such, most lecturers' position can be considered tenure track.